Monday 2 January 2017

too many humans


So, HEY 2017. Fancy seeing you here! Lets just push 2016 aside for a while. We can bring it up another day. Instead, because this is MY blog, I wanna talk about me. I woke up feeling pretty good about how I looked this morning. Usually I avoid looking at myself in the mirror body wise but whilst I've been home for christmas I've had the full length mirror in my bedroom to greet me every morning. (I have one in Edinburgh but it's not at a useful distance, I have to sorta squat in front of it.) Last night I just stood and had a long look at me and the marks on my skin and my tattoos and my body hair and the too much fat in places. And I felt really good about it. Not cringing like usual. I think I might actually be learning to love myself. If I keep this up till 2018 then thats a resolution complete.
I don't really have anymore resolutions except: 1) ask a doctor what this weird lump on my arm is and 2) make my final year film something to be proud of. Other than that I'm just gonna float on by and hope for the best.

Coming home from Leeds something about the sunset just felt so nostalgic. Not sure if thats the right word, but it had that "everythings so small, you're gonna be alright" feeling. Julia messaged the flat to alert us about the Moon and Venus being visibly side by side. All in all, a very pretty sky. 

Post a Comment

© I LUV MALLORY. Design by Fearne.